Giacomo Borgogno & Figli is linked to one of the oldest wine producing houses in Langhe and Piedmont. It all began in 1761 when Bartolomeo Borgogno established the cellar.
In the years that followed, the stories of the company and our country often intertwined. In 1861, for instance, when the Unity of Italy came about, the Barolo di Borgogno was the wine chosen to accompany the celebration lunch of Italy’s official unity.
2008 marks a significant step in the history of Borgogno: the company is taken over by the Farinetti family (Andrea Farinetti in the pic).
The following years saw the completion of the major renovation of the main building that returns it to its original look; in keeping with tradition, no changes are made to the 1761 historical cellars. In 2012 Andrea Farinetti, having completed oenology studies, is at the helm of the company.
Its vineyards are located in Cannubi, Liste, Fossati and San Pietro, which are among the best areas in Barolo. Using only biodynamic methods, it produces traditional regional varieties Nebbiolo, Dolcetto and Barbera. Borgogno has been awarded 5 prized Barolo cru designations.